Hey, great tilemap, love it so far. I am having trouble finding a light green tile for the ground in Unity, everyone I select have a single row of colour from the tile beside it
[SRW] Exterior pack
A downloadable 16x16 asset package
[SRW] Super Retro World exterior package !
Super Retro World is a serie of 16x16 pixel-art asset package for 2D top-down games. Each pack contains more than 550 different tiles !
✨ Why this package is for you ✨
- Get beautiful and coherent graphic to make your project instantly awesome to look at.
- Get plug-and-play tiles palette, autotiles and tilesets with Unity / Godot / RpgMaker compatibility.
- Get many graphic variation to make your game unique and special !
To put it simple : you save time AND money !
Still not convinced ? Take a closer look : download some content for free and check by yourself :).
>> Free overview <<
⤴️ Update 5 : Animated water
- All the tiles in one big atlas
- All the tiles separated into different files
- Unity TilePalette package.
- I recommend this project setup for an optimal rendering : link to blogs.unity3d.com
- Godot sample project with 2x2 autotiles.
- RpgMaker tilesets (B, C and D) and autotiles.
❓ What's next :
- Extended package : dungeon, temple, and more ! Devlog : https://itch.io/t/1038249/super-retro-world-adventure-edition
- Biomes package : mountains, snow, underwater and more !
- Character package.
Super Retro World packages have regular updates, devlog and recurent sales. Give me a rate ⭐️ and comment below if you want specific stuff, let's talk 💬!
Want more ? Support me with this package and follow me
Thanks a lot for your support :).
In order to download this 16x16 asset package you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- RPG package : -80% sale this week !3 days ago
- Super Retro World : animation update !25 days ago
- SUper Retro World : update 4, 20% free !28 days ago
- Super Retro World v0.3 + free content29 days ago
- Last day 50% reduction !32 days ago
- Unity & Godot update39 days ago
- Super Retro World asset pack launch !44 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Tell me more :). Do you mean the tilemap is bugged or are you missing a specific tile (grass, dirt, road, ...) ?
Thank you for making this a bundle!
I just bought the bundle, but can still only access the free version from this asset?
My bad ! It's because this package is free in the settings. I've fix it so you should be able to access to complete version without additionnal payment.
=> Had to remove the free version for now (I'll made a different projet for it tomorow).
Sorry for this inconvenient !
hey this looks really great! congrats
On a Godot picture I see some dark-green grass. Can you add it to all other assets please? As far as I see, atlas misses tiles with it =)
Oops that's true. The dark grass is only present in the godot + rpgmaker autotile file. I've just fixed that, is it OK now ?
Can you add some dynamic water?
I loved this and bought the asset pack! A couple of requests for future updates from me personally:
1. 45 degree sprites moving to simulate diagonal movement would be amazing!
2. In the preview pictures for this pack you have fire animations, shadows from the sky and directed light coming down. I would love to have a sprite for each of these provided as I don't see them in the pack when downloaded.
Thanks again for the amazing work!
Hello slicky_nicky :),
Thank you for your support, it means a lot to me !
Regarding your suggestions :
1. At the moment I'm not working toward diagonal movements. I may give it a try for one character in the future (probably within a character package). I wonder if I can manage to get a decent result with the 16x16 size limitation.
2. I understand what you say, haha. Those elements didnt reach my "quality standard" to be part of the current package : the black clouds are just plain black with opacity variation and the fire animation is... meh. I'll fix that in the next version of this package (by the end of october).
Btw, one effect in the .gif preview picture can't be added : the particule effect (ashes). It's done with Rpg Maker MV editor (by reversing the snow effect lol).
Have a good day !
I hope you could do Unity atlas/package with your sprites soon. We plan to use your nice sprites in our Unity-based game.
And of course I hope you would do some more settings like caves and snow. Your artwork is amazing!
Hello Carnagovish and thank you for your comment :)
I'll take a look this weekend about Unity.
Next package will be a dungeon one btw but I'll try with snow too !
I 2nd the desire for a Unity pack! I'll follow you and look forward to more packs.
Hey Carnagovish & wowjustmike :)
Please take a look at the Unity package I juste create (contain a tilepalette with the atlas).
Are you looking for more ? A sample project maybe with a complete layer / camera / player setup maybe.
Enjoy anyway :) !
Are your tilesets 2x2, 3x3 minimal or 3x3 auto?
Hello devliam :),
Parts like road, water and mountains are stored in 3x3 tiles + an additionnal 2x2 (above) to cover every possible angle. It's all manual for now.
In the subfolder rpgmaker/ I've added an autotile tileset file for roads, but it's arranged for this software only.
I plan to arrange the atlas for other softwares (such as unity, godot, gamemaker, gbstudio, ...) in the future.
Do you have any suggestion about that ?
Hey thanks for the reply! I'm biased since I'm developing in Godot but here's a link to the 2x2 mask and 3x3 minimal mask. Personally I like using 3x3 minimal but if your target is rpg maker I'm not sure what they use
No worries, my target isn't rpgmaker specifically, it's just that I'm used to it :) so I've delivered it accordingly in a subfolder.
I'll take a look at Godot this weekend to propose an appropriate update, thank you !
I took a look at Godot today. Here are some 2x2 autotiles I've prepared. Is this kind of setup enough for your usage ?
Very interesting style, I like it!
Nice Arts, i'll use in a pokemon style game i'm working on. XD
Thanks :D ! Yeah my inspiration is clearly from Pokemon !
Hello bro, if it's been a month since I use this pack, I wanted to show you a preview of how my game is getting visually, I'll still work on the art of Pokemons and Npc's, the ones I left for now are just examples :))
Looks great ! Look forward to the updates . Maybe more biomes like desserts , mountains , snowy trees etc.